Wednesday, January 31, 2018

30 in 30 Painting Challenge Begins Tomorrow!

In my post on January 14th,  I announced that I had accepted 

TOMORROW IS DAY ONE! 

If you have been following my blog, you are aware that this comes on the heels of 
In the 5-Day Challenge,  I decided to do five 5" x 7" pastels of my favorite scene 
in New Mexico, the Taos Gorge Overlook. 

I will be continuing with the same theme throughout the 30 in 30 Challenge 
but will be working in oils and slightly larger, 6" x 8". The challenge I am presenting myself is to work in a different color palette each day AND to limit each painting to ONE HOUR. 
Some will be strictly palette knife paintings, some with only brushes and some with a combination of the two. I will also be trying a variety of painting surfaces, linen, cotton, gessoed board, some will be bare, some toned and some will be previously textured. 

I am looking forward to the challenge of creating 30 different oil paintings and to what I will learn from this challenge.  At the end of the challenge, I will post a collage of all 30 paintings. 

You are more than welcome to post comments or simply follow along.

Wish me luck!

No comments: