Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cunningham Ranch

I absolutely love our native persimmon trees. Their smooth, gray trunks & branches catch the light and glisten as if they were polished silver. Their growth habits also add to their beauty. In my opinion, they are one of the most beautiful little trees in all of Texas! This one was done en plein air but I took MANY photos of others and am planning a series of persimmon tree studies. As a side note, this was a wonderful day, with the exception of the rattlesnake that less than welcomed us as we unloaded our gear! Thank God it rattled or it would have been a very bad day for one of us!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Vera Smith said...

I love them, too. I have one in my backyard that grew there spontaneously. We eat the fruit, it tastes like chocolate. Vera

Vera Smith said...

I love them, too. We have one that grew in our backyard. We eat the fruit, it tastes like chocolate.