Thursday, January 27, 2011

Emmie

My portrait studies continue and I am encouraged to be seeing progress! This portrait is of Emmie, a very strikingly beautiful woman that I have been wanting to paint for a long time. When the scheduled model didn't arrive, Emmie agree to sit for us. I was elated!
I feel so fortunate to have so many good artists as friends, teachers and mentors. It is so important to keep one another encouraged, motivated and challenged. I treasure each and every one of them and each and every one of YOU who share this journey with me!
9" x 12", oil on linen
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Teresa Cowley said...

Enjoyed very much viewing "Emmie", and ditto your comment on seeing progress. For myself, I feel like it is a lifelong journey and the times when I can see progress are wonderful! Congrats.

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

Thanks, Teresa! It is indeed a lifelong journey and I am loving it.... right now! LOL! Kidding aside, I am really looking forward to the next portrait study and the next and the.......

Virginia Floyd said...

Very nice, Gaye. Lovely soft impressionistic effect. Glad you are enjoying your classes.

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

Thank you, Virginia.